Sunday, April 13, 2008

I Corinthians 10:24

No one should be looking out for his own interests, but for the interests of others.

This is one of those verses that shouldn't be taken out of context...it could be interpreted so many ways. Basically I believe Paul was saying to esteem others higher than ourselves...to not use our freedom to offend others. If what I do hurts my brother or sister, I should not do it.

It's a verse that calls for compassion also. It calls for servanthood, to follow the example Jesus displayed for us while he walked this earth. He was God Himself, yet he humbled himself to serve the needs of lost and hurting humanity, whatever the occasion called for. I fall so short of his example. Forgive me, Lord, and keep showing me the way...be patient with me..be tough with me. Keep molding me into your image so you shine through me!

No comments: