Thursday, October 23, 2008

Psalm 77

I'm awake all night -- not a wink of sleep.
I can't even say what's bothering me.
I go over the days one by one,
I ponder the years gone by.
I strum my lute all through the night,
wondering how to get my life together.

I read this in Psalm 77 this morning, and it spoke to me...it's exactly where I am right now. Life isn't making a lot of sense to me these days. Even though I trust in God, the human in me at times struggles with things inside me that I can't even express or explain. I suspect this is a common phenomenon in people with my make-up. Not engineers or scientists...who deal with facts. I deal with emotions, but somehow I've managed to put a lot of mine on the back burner, or I've buried them. I must go on and leave certain things to God to handle. But in my heart of hearts I am sometimes confused and sad.

No comments: