It's Sunday night, I'm home from church, it's -5 degrees (wind chill) outside, and I'm just hunkering down. Thought I would read back through my journal from the first ten days of 2010 and write my highlights. I've got Gaither Homecoming Radio on in the background, good music to blog to. I've got my recipe file and grocery list spread out on the kitchen table to plan my weekly menu when I get this blog entry completed.
My favorite satellite channels are HGTV/House Hunters & Property Virgins, and the Hallmark Movie Channel. Tonight I just feel a little more like blogging than watching TV. This is January...the month when I can register for the HGTV Dream Home every day until mid-February. Still trying to find a way to pay off the ILNC sewer debt. I know God has a plan, and I'm just trying the different doors to see which door might open. In His time, and in His way, He will reveal the answer to my four year long prayer.
Seems like the whole country has been in a cold snap lately. Friday it was 26 degrees and sleeting in Orlando. I am so thankful for a warm house and my two doggies and husband to snuggle up with when it's so extreme outside. I like coming home from work each day (on the days I work), fixing supper and just staying in for the evening. It's quiet, but it's comfy.
I was delighted to complete the ILNC end of the year tax papers by the 5th of January!! I tend to dread doing taxes (W-2's, 1099's, MI Sales tax, 941) the first of the new year because it is only a once a year chore. Thank goodness I have written meticulous procedures to guide me through. About the time I get comfortable with the paperwork, the government will change something! I also completed my 2009 archiving and setting up files for 2010. I'm ready!
Hubby and I had a date night last Friday night. We went out to get office supplies for the office, and then stopped at our favorite pizza joint on the way home (right in the middle of the little village of Vicksburg). Came home and played a couple of games of Sequence, and then watched a funny movie together (Pacifier). Fun evening.
Here's some journal tidbits from my devotional material:
1. To keep the tongue under control: think first (pause and preview your words to make sure they are accurate, kind, necessary, wholesome, and grateful), and talk less (choose your words and when to speak).
2. To improve your marriage: renew your commitment (an act of the will, not the emotions); start dating again; give up something for your mate; pay attention to the little things; accentuate the positive.
3. To be more clearly focused: seek God's perspective (wisdom)...as we draw closer to Him we have more balance, stability, and insight.
4. To live in harmony with other Christians: learn to accept each other and allow the Holy Spirit to do the correcting, convicting, and convincing that they/we need to change. Laugh more, and quit being so serious.
5. To live wisely: leave the past behind, humble yourself and ask for help, and be a servant...not a celebrity.
Favorite scripture of the past week: Behold, a woman...with an issue... (Matthew 9:20) I just found it sort of humorous. What woman doesn't have an "issue"...a problem to be solved. Reminds me of Mark Lowry's favorite verse: And it came to pass... (no reference). Whatever our issue is, it will pass!! Praise the Lord!
And guess what...this cold weather will some day heat up again. It's only seasonal!
And that's my thoughts from early in the year 2010!