- it is God's approval that I must seek...not those about me
- everybody needs a friend they can trust...may I be a trusted friend
Turn away from evil and do good. Work hard at living in peace with others. The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right and his ears are open to their prayers. But the Lord turns his face against those who do evil. (I Peter 3:11-23)
For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. (Ephesians 2:10)
- when you are in a cave...a situation you cannot fix or change or escape...TRUST GOD!
- if your security is based on success, it is fragile
- if your security is placed in God, even in the dark caves of life you will find strength
- words have the power to build relationships or destroy them
- brings heart satisfaction (seeking and finding Jesus)
- brings us into worship (personal adoration of God)
- brings us to total consecration (personal giving of ourselves to God)
- seek Christ
- find and worship Christ
- give of their best to Christ
We must give Christ the same gifts the wise men gave him:
- Gold - all things of value (health, money, relationships, strengths)
- Frankincense - passion from the heart (love and loyalty)
- Myrrh - those things that bring us pain, sorrow, and suffering
We are in the midst of a terrific weekend here at Indian Lake Nazarene Camp...our traditional "opening weekend". We just came through a week where we had 30 senior adults come for "Work and Win" to help us get the buildings and grounds spruced up for this weekend. We were able to get over 80 acres mowed (in the same week), and the 150 +/- tabernacle pews all polished, plus cleaning down the Dining Hall and Snack Bar and spray washing many of our buildings. The boardwalk to the beach had boards replaced and horse shoe pits were built. A few of the women were busy planting flowers around the grounds.
A month ago we had about 80 teenagers come for a work day and they got our camper cabins and duplexes cleaned out and beds wiped down for a new season of youth camps. We had a crew who reroofed three of our white cabins. Many hands across the age spectrum have been crucial to being ready for the season upon us. We are blessed to have volunteers who care and are willing to give of their time and talents to keep Indian Lake Nazarene Camp looking good and prepared for a whole summer of activities.
This weekend our 150 RV lots are almost full with campers. We had the Climbing Tower and Zip-line opened on Saturday afternoon. Our first service in the Tabernacle occurred this morning. The snack bar and dining hall have been open for meals. I so enjoy seeing families and friends gathering here at ILNC to enjoy time together and to create memories. May they sense God's presence on these grounds, and not take for granted the freedom and safety we feel here. This is a unique place, and we are blessed to be serving God on these grounds. Visit the camp web site at www.nazcamp.org