- Trial before Annas
- Trial before Caiaphas
- Trial before the Sanhedrin, in the Temple
- Trial before Pilate
- Trial before Herod
- Trial before Pilate, 6 am
During this time...
- Peter denied Jesus
- Judas hung himself
- Barabas was released
After the last trial, these are the events that led up to the death of Jesus:
- Jesus was scourged. Scourging was to cause as much pain as could possibly be inflicted on a person.
- A crown of thorns was placed on His head.
- Jesus was robed in a purple robe and was mocked by the soldiers.
- Jesus was spit upon and struck with a staff again and again.
- He was turned over to be crucified, and made to carry his cross through the streets of Jerusalem to Golgotha in disgrace before the people.
- Jesus was nailed to the cross.
- The soldiers gambled for his clothes
- From the third hour (9 am) through the 9th hour (3 pm), Jesus hung on the cross, losing his ability to breathe.
- At noon, God covered the sun and it became dark so the people could no longer look upon His Son, and the temple veil was torn in two, top to bottom.
- At 3 pm Jesus spoke His final words: "It Is Finished!"
Jesus is Lord!! He was sacrificed on Calvary for our redemption. He did it once and for all! Never again did there need to be a Passover lamb sacrificed. Jesus was the Perfect Lamb who was sacrificed for our sins. Jesus is Our Lord, if we believe in Him and accept the price He paid for our salvation.
The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God. (
We have a choice to make. What will we do with Jesus? Do we accept Him as our Savior and have eternal life, or do we join the throngs of people who believe it is all foolishness and are headed to destruction...eternal death?