Wednesday, April 17, 2019

April 16, 2019

They sold their property and possessions and shared the money with those in need. (Acts 2:45)

I know, O Lord, that a man's life is not his own:  it is not for man to direct his steps.  (Jeremiah 19:23)

"Jeremiah recognized that the way of fulfillment for us is never in ourselves.  It comes from beyond...  The resources that we need to reach the goals God has for us are not in ourselves.  They are in the One who has the key to the life of Jesus, the Holy Spirit.  That is why we need to be sensitive to this heavenly Guest, who can lead, enlighten, cleanse, and fulfill our very being."  (Dennis Kinlaw, this day with the master, 2002).

"I am thine, O Lord, I have heard your voice, and it tells thy love to me.  But I long to rise in the arms of faith, and be closer drawn to Thee!"  (Fanny Crosby)

No comments: