Friday, November 14, 2008

I've been tagged....

I was tagged by Robin on her book reading blog and challenged to grab the nearest book to me, go to page 56, and type the 5th sentence and a few following it. Well, the nearest book is a brand new one I bought and have on a shelf for my next batch of reading...and to use for possible blog ideas. It's featured in the movie "Fireproof" and is titled The Love Dare by Stephen Kendrick and Alex Kendrick, published by B & H Publishing Group in Nashville, TN, copyright 2008. And the 5th sentence of page 56 reads:

"Unfortunately, stubbornness comes as a standard feature on both husband and wife models." (and to go on...) "Defending your rights and opinions is a foundational part of your nature and make-up. It's detrimental, though, inside a marriage relationship, and it steals away time and productivity. It can also cause great frustration for both of you." (end of paragraph)

I'm supposed to tag five other people with the same challenge, but I'm not into passing tags along...I don't follow that many blogs. I'll just say that this book is probably going to be very challenging to me when I start reading it. It's a 40-day do this kind of book to enrich, or even save, a marriage. What marriage doesn't need enriching? So, I'll be back to this book in about a month, at my current rate of reading.

No comments: