Sunday, February 22, 2009

This Past Week

Not an original title, but that's what I'll blog about. I'm only blogging because I am tired of playing Internet Backgammon...I have already beat my husband at two games of Sequence...I have already walked the dogs...I don't feel like a Sunday afternoon nap...and in two hours I will head back to church. Nobody in particular to email, and I have spent a lot of time perusing vacation spots in the south for next winter. Do you get the idea that maybe winter is getting to me? I've done a lot of reading and watching movies and videos. I've enjoyed working extra days and hours because our office front desk person has been in Florida the past month. But what to do with my extra time???? I'll blog.

My friend Bob went home to be with Jesus this past week. I was so excited for him. I had asked him to find my Mom and Dad and give them a hug for me. When we got the call early in the week that he had passed away, I felt a sense of euphoria....that somehow in someway my parents were going to get a message from me....my love was being transported from earth to heaven by means of Bob. I don't know how that all works, but it's a very heart warming feeling...brought tears to my eyes.

We have another ILNC Resident funeral to attend in the morning...that will be three funerals in just over two weeks. In the last five years since we have been on the ILNC grounds, we have had several of our leaseholders cross over. I can only rejoice with them, and feel sorrow for the ones left behind.

Told hubby this morning that if Jesus doesn't come back for me in the next year...I am ready to head back south. My goodness...we had another 8 inches of snow last night, and it's snowing again. It's 14 degree wind chill out. At least the sun has been shining today. That always helps.

To help the residents who are stuck here in the winter to have an outlet, we started having occasional game nights over in the ILNC Dining Hall. We had 22 attend last Friday night. We built a cozy fire in the fireplace, and we ordered pizza. There were all kinds of other snacks, and we had a great time playing games. During the warmer months we like to gather around the camp fires, but for now we will gather around the fireplace at the Dining Hall.

I'm watching American Idol again this year. The two guys who have made it through thus far are both Christians. Both of them are praise team/music leaders in their churches. That's cool! I'll be anxious to see how well they compete, and what their song choices are. The itty bitty blond that made it through last week has a powerful voice, and Simon predicted her following the footsteps of Kelly Clarkson.

I'm also done registering daily for the HGTV Dream House in Sonoma, CA. I keep hoping to win the Dream House so I can help get the camp out of debt (besides myself!!). I don't want to move to Sonoma, and I don't want to clean a large house again. But I've been praying for God to help us pay off the camp debts, and if He wants to use winning a contest to do it, then that's okay with me. More than likely, that's not His plan. I will also register for the HGTV Green House in Tradition, Florida when it starts up...a possible place to retire. And I am voting now on the features of the DIY Blog Cabin. Once it is built, that's another home I will register daily to win. It's in one of my favorite locations....Asheville, North Carolina! North Carolina has been our place of choice to retire for several years now. Retirement is only ten yeas away, give or take a few years, so it's okay to dream.

Personally, I think we are closing in on the final days on earth. Too many things shaping up that way. I will not dwell on that, but I will be aware, and be ready! My goal is to be debt free and live unencumbered. I live to represent the love of Jesus to the world, and to serve others in ways pleasing to Him. No other purpose. My prayers go out daily to those whom I know that do not claim Christ as their Savior and Lord. I plan to live forever with HIM, and I want my loved ones to join me. I can hardly wait to see Mom and Dad again. I am so grateful for the Christian heritage they gave me. I was blessed to be raised in their home.

So, that's it for this blog. That's what I've been thinking!!

No comments: