Saturday, March 28, 2009

Moving....

Last Sunday Paul and I went to the Holiness Summit at Olivet Nazarene University, which lasted until Tuesday night. We had been planning on going, had our reservations, for quite a while. However, on Saturday night as I was walking the dogs, I got this sense of "I am going up to the summit (going up to Jerusalem), and I must prepare my heart!" I opened my heart to God to show me what my need was, and to place a hunger in my heart for more of Him. I came home and wrote the following and sent it to about 300 on our ILNC iContact list:

I was out walking our two little doggies a while ago, and some thoughts came to my mind that I would like to share with you. This is just a Carol Chit Chat email from my heart to yours.

Paul and I have been at Indian Lake Nazarene Camp five years now. Does that even seem possible? We just got back from a week in St. Louis with our granddaughters, celebrating Leia's 10th birthday. Five years ago I left my position as her part time care giver, and moved into a new role here at the camp. She has had quite a few changes in her life, and we have seen quite a few changes here at ILNC.

We have moved three times in the last five years...first to our unwinterized cottage, inherited from my father, Loyd Martz. Then after 18 months our house in Illinois finally sold, so we moved into a condo in Portage. We missed being on the campground full time, so we then purchased the Hilgendorf/Ketterman house (the old nurse's cottage) next to our cottage, and moved into it, after it was renovated. It's still a work in process, but we are at home.

In the last five years we have seen other moves:
The camp office moved to the former District Office, and the old office became a Prayer Cottage, thanks to the vision of Linda Seaman and her team.
The beach moved from being across the street from the Dining Hall to the new beach area out by the boat docks.
The main entrance to the camp moved from 30th Street/Indian Lake Drive on the west end of camp to the east end of camp, Southworth Lane.
The old grove camping sites moved out to make room for the new boat ramp loop.
Some new faces/families have moved onto the campground (new leaseholders).
And in the last five years 25 leaseholders have moved from their earthly dwelling to their home in glory.
Moving...it isn't always easy. We have to sometimes give up familiar spots, favorite places, move away from the ones we love and cherish. But life truly is a moving experience.

These moving experiences led me to think on what I am currently longing for...another move. I don't like to grow stagnant. I am not comfortable with status quo. My heart desires to feel a moving of God's Holy Spirit once again in ways that are so phenomenal, the only explanation can be God is at work renewing, reviving, renovating, refreshing His people once again. Oh...how I long to be part of that. Don't you?

These next few days Paul and I will be at the Holiness Summit on the campus of Olivet Nazarene University. Perhaps we will see some of you there. My heart cries out for a fresh touch of God...to hear His Word speak to me and move me and motivate me to be more energized in His kingdom work. I know our time is growing short. I know the enemy is having a heyday in our world today. It is not a time to sit back and wish for the good ol' days, or to remember how it used to be. It's time to put on the full armor of God and get ready for battle. It's time to take a stand for truth and what is right and claim the name of Jesus in the face of evil. At His name, satan has to flee.



No comments: