Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Summary 11/14/10

For lack of a better title....

I thought I might try to blog on Sunday afternoons and sort of give an overview of the week gone by. Seems like I tried this once before and it didn't last long. So here I am again, for today, for THIS Sunday.

Often in the morning when I am reading my daily devotional material, I read some good points to think about. I jot it down in my journal. I'll share some of these here in this weekly blog. They come from the devotional booklet "The Word for You Today", which is listed in the side bar as part of what I am currently reading.

- walk your talk...live like Jesus

- what you do consistently, you become permanently

- laughter is like a shock absorber, it helps you get over the potholes of life

- make your loved ones a top priority, for all too soon life is over

- choice, not change, determines your destiny

- if you limit what you WILL do, you limit what you CAN do

- failing doesn't make you a failure, quitting does

We have had an absolutely lovely week here in southwest Michigan this past week. It's been sunny and in the high 60's up until today. Today it is down in the 40's, but after all, this is November!! Last week's weather was highly unusual. Our maintenance staff took advantage of the nice weather to put up road blocks for the winter to keep us from having to plow unused roads. Many of the ILNC residents put out Christmas lights in their shirt sleeves, instead of trying to do it all bundled up in bad weather. We are grateful for such nice weather, for we know what is just ahead.

We winterized our cabin this week...drained the pipes and such. It's that once a year job that one doesn't really enjoy, but if you don't do it, or if you don't get all of the water out of the pipes, next spring you have to fix the broken pipes and clean up the water mess. We've had to do that a couple of times!!

I have my "new" desk in place in my study as of yesterday. Paul had to cut down the return to fit in the space I had. Now I have lots of space to lay out my books on the desk, and do my typing into the computer on the return. This is in preparation for me getting back to my study on I Peter, which I started last April and stopped after about three verses...life got busy here at the camp. I hope to spend these winter months reading and writing, preparing a new, teachable Bible study. It's been way too long since I've done this on a consistent basis. I know I am out of shape, but I believe the Holy Spirit is prompting me to do it, so He will help me as I begin to take my first steps.

One thing I most definitely need help with is how to use the computer and the camera and the ipod and the phone....all this technological stuff. That does not come natural for me and I am challenged to keep up with it all. Taking pictures, no problem. Getting the pictures from the camera to the computer and off the camera...a struggle. How to label and file the pictures once they are in the computer...frustrating to me. Hubby is highly skilled in those areas, but low in patience with me...know what I mean? And I don't blame him. I just don't seem to grasp it, and when I make notes, things change and I somehow still don't know what I am doing.

And why do I take pictures? Who cares? I need to just learn to enjoy the moment and quit trying to grasp it to look at later when everything else has also changed. Remembering how it was isn't necessarily a great thing either.

Dilemma...do I go to church on Sunday night, or not? I only do it for Jesus, so I guess I should go. Gotta leave now!! (and I'm not ready!!)

No comments: