We delivered more donated items to the Jesus Film Mall Ministry this week. They are having a great response, but are in need of more volunteers. We do not live close enough to help with that part of the ministry. May God provide.
Went to a Christmas Cafe at a local church last night to hear Christmas music. I am having a very hard time this year getting in the "Christmas Spirit". I normally love to see the lights and hear the music and such, but this year I sense I am just going through the motions. I have been baking cookies each week of December for our maintenance crew and some shut ins. I've enjoyed that.
Here are the summary notes from my devotional reading this week, which seemed to focus on surrender:
- your greatest mistakes often come from impatience
- when you've passed your biggest test, you are at a point where God can use you
- surrender is:
- demonstrated by obedience
- saying "Yes, Lord." to whatever He asks
- obeying God even when it doesn't make sense (Abraham/where?...Hannah/when?...Mary/how?...Joseph...why?)
- you are surrendered when you trust God to work things out instead of relying on or manipulating others, or forcing your own agenda and controlling the situation
- doing things God's way gives you peace, freedom, and power
- when you have a lack of peace, it can mean the heavenly whistle has been blown, and it's time to reevaluate your direction
- victory comes through surrender
- if you don't surrender to Christ, you surrender to chaos
- you are free to choose what you surrender to, but you're not free from the consequences of your choice
- nothing under God's control will ever be out of control