Sunday, December 5, 2010

Weekly Update

I have been diligently working on my study of I Peter this week. I have 8 pages of notes for I Peter 1:3-12. Now I need to condense them into a nice one page blog study for my other blog site on I Peter.

We finished putting out our Christmas lights yesterday. Now it's beginning to look a little like Christmas! I'm into baking cookies every week of December as a gift to our maintenance crew here on the campgrounds. Did I mention I love chocolate chip cookie dough? Therefore I don't make cookies as often as I did when our sons were home.

We traveled for church today...went to Jackson, MI. It was very contemporary, and I have to say that just doesn't work for me. My age is showing. Last night as I was studying I Peter, the old song "What A Day That Will Be!" came back to me, and I had tears in my eyes as that song touched my heart. How long has it been since I've heard that one? No....I belong to a different era. I have no desire to move into this age where church is more of a performance than a heart touching experience. It works for some, but not for me.

From my devotional readings this week:
Joseph had two coats...the coat of many colors (a coat of favor) and the coat of integrity. Just as he was tested, so will we be. In our testing our character will be revealed. If we pass the test of integrity, then we are able to be used of God.

We joined a group of people from our campground at the Essenhaus Restaurant in Middlebury, IN on Friday night. It was to celebrate the ministry leader of our Grandma's Cupboard program, which has been in existence for 12 years under her leadership. GC is a food pantry ministry, and has been a huge blessing to many people in this area. If you are going to celebrate with a good meal, then you can't beat the Amish food of the Essenhaus (especially their pies!).

Today we are getting some lake effect snow...it may actually accumulate over the next 24 hours. I love snow in December!! It's January and February where I am so very ready for spring and flowers and buds on the tree branches.

I used to live in Cleveland, TN. Lately I have been thinking about the good times back then while we were raising our family. There are times I wish I could turn back the clock, but I am so grateful to say it is the GOOD memories that stay with me. I am ready for another visit down there. It has changed so much since we lived there. Usually just visiting for a couple of days takes care of the nostalgia. Anyway, I've been told by our granddaughter that we HAVE to live on the campground where we are now. There's far too many neat things for the girls to do when they visit us in the summers. It is a neat place to live...I just love to move and house shop. Are those days behind me??? Certainly house shopping is not the best thing to do in this time of weak economy. So may I learn to be content, and praise God for all the blessings we do have....and I am and do!

No comments: