Monday, May 30, 2011

We've Been Drenched!

Okay...so it was finally our turn to get in on the tornado action, although so very minor compared to Joplin and Alabama and Oklahoma.  Several trees/large limbs down, some on power lines, one on a house, but no one was injured and nothing was damaged except a minor roof damage on the house.  We were in the midst of our opening weekend here at camp, with our RVers and leaseholders enjoying their first weekend at camp.  We had quite a large crowd.  So when the tornado warning came and we had to sound the alarm, we had staff directing people to our basement storm shelters.  


Once the storm passed, many volunteers came out with their chain saws, rakes, trucks, and muscles to being clearing up the mess.  It was neat to see the teamwork.  So we thank God for how He graciously protected us in the storm, and provided clean up crews for the downed trees and branches.  There was no damage whatsoever in our RV park, thank the Lord.  That could have been a huge disaster with the large crowd we had in this weekend.


So we got drenched with the rain.  But on Sunday morning in the tabernacle, we were drenched in the Spirit of Christ.  Mark Murphy was our guest singer/speaker, and he was so anointed throughout the whole service.  I had been so thirsty for the presence of the Lord to rain down on us, and when it did, I soaked it in!!  


We've already scheduled Mark to come back again next year for Memorial Day weekend.  He'll also be back this Labor Day, as we are hosting the Nazarene Evangelists Gathering, an annual event for them.  They've chosen Indian Lake Nazarene Camp as their place to gather this year, and will be bringing us special services and singing in our tabernacle on that weekend.  We look forward to that.


Today was our annual Leaseholders Association Meeting.  It was well attended...our largest crowd ever (perhaps 150).  Some important issues were being discussed as to the future of ILNC, and people came to voice their opinion and to get more facts.  It went well...hubby moderated and kept people on track with the discussion.  People were respectful, and those who wanted to speak to the issues were able to do so.  We meet every Monday of Memorial Day weekend to update leaseholders on activities that have occurred the past year, and to discuss what is ahead.  Some have been difficult emotionally to sit through, but today was handled well by everyone involved.


We were busy this past week preparing for the weekend crowd, getting the grounds mowed and cleaned up and looking good.  Our snack bar project was wrapped up and our new summer snack bar hours were in place as of Friday night.  People are very pleased with the new hours, and a few have mentioned how nice the snack bar looks...they like the changes made.  


I'll wrap up this blog posting with my week's devotional thoughts and scriptures that I have high-lighted in my journal.


"The Word for You Today"  (devotional magazine...see side bar)
1.  Why should we help those who stumble?

  • to preserve their life...sin leads to eternal death
  • to preserve the church...it hurts and separates the body of Christ when sin is tolerated
  • to preserve God's reputation of searching out the lost lamb and restoring it to the fold
2.  How to use your time wisely:
  • make a list of the most important jobs you have to do tomorrow
  • number them in order of priority
  • in the morning start on #1 and stay with it until completed, then go to #2
  • make this a daily habit

3.  How to get out of a spiritual slump:
  • praise your way out (I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be on my mouth.  Ps. 34:1)
  • when you praise God, He releases power to work on your behalf
  • recall God's faithfulness...He has been and will always be there for you
  • focus on God instead of yourself

Proverbs
A good man thinks before he speaks; the evil man pours out his evil words without a thought. (15:27-28)

Humility and reverence for the Lord will make you both wise and honored.  (15:33)

We can make our plans, but the final outcome is in God's hands...  Commit your work to the Lord, then it will succeed.  (16:1-3) 


Psalms
Happy are all who perfectly follow the laws of God.  Happy are all who search for God and always do his will, rejecting compromise with evil, and walking only in his paths.  You have given us your laws to obey---oh, how I want to follow them consistently.  Then I will not be disgraced, for I will have a clean record.  (119:1-6)

Keep me far from every wrong; help me, undeserving as I am, to obey your laws, for I have chosen to do right.  I cling to your commands and follow them as closely as I can.  Lord, don't let me make a mess of things.  If you will only help me to want your will, then I will follow your laws even more closely.  Just tell me what to do and I will do it, Lord.  (119:29-34)

John
And so I am giving a new commandment to you now...love each other just as much as I love you.  Your strong love for each other will prove to the world that you are my disciples.  (13:34-35)

"Let not your heart be troubled.  You are trusting God, now trust in me.  There are many homes up there where my Father lives, and I am going to prepare them for your coming.  When everything (14:1-6)

I am leaving you a gift...peace of mind and heart!  And the peace I give isn't fragile like the peace the world gives.  So don't be troubled or afraid.  (14:27)

I have loved you even as the Father has loved me.  Live within my love.  When you obey me you are living in my love, just as I obey my Father and live in his love.  I have told you this so that you will be filled with my joy.  Yes, your cup of joy will overflow!  I demand that you love each other as much as I love you.  And here is how to measure it...the greatest love is shown when a person lays down his life for his friends; and you are my friends if you obey me.  (15:9-14)

You didn't choose me.  I chose you!  I appointed you to go and produce lovely fruit always, so that no matter what you ask for from the Father, using my name, he will give it to you.  I demand that you love each other.  (15:16-17)

I chose you to come out of the world.  (15:19)

But I will send the Comforter...the Holy Spirit, the source of all truth.  (15:26)

Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows; but cheer up, for I have overcome the world.  (16:33)

Make them pure and holy, through teaching them your words of truth.  (17:17)

No comments: