Monday, September 12, 2011

Friends

We took the day "off" yesterday, and went to Lansing to church and to the Meridian Mall to check in on the "He Cares, We Care" mall ministry.  When we got back home, we had friends that wanted to come over and share a fresh baked peach pie with us.  It was yummy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Oh, the pleasures of life...friends and pie!!


One of my dear sweet ladies that I check on periodically, here on the campgrounds, went home to be with Jesus and her husband Saturday night.  I'm so happy for her...she's been a victim of strokes across the years and it was hard to walk and hard to talk.  Sharp mind, but so frustrating when you can't use your body the way you want to, or say the words you want to.  Therefore I have been praying God would take her home.  She was in her 90's, a former pastor's wife, and a saint of God.  Her funeral will be later this week.


I understand we have a pack of coyotes on the grounds, out in the woods and corn fields.  There's a momma and 4-5 cubs, we hear.  That's a pack, and that's a problem.  We will have to address that.  I had a talk with my porch cats yesterday and told them they need to stay under houses/cottages at night, where the wolves cannot get them.  I don't know if they understood me or not, but last night they didn't show up!  I do fear for their lives, especially as winter comes on.


I went shopping with a friend this past week.  I don't do that very often!  Not much of a shopper, and it's not in my budget, but we did have a very nice day out.   We had lunch at Applebees, where I like their soups.


We also had friends in for supper last week.  What a lovely time.  We ate the main course here at our house, and then six of us went to another's house for dessert and to watch a Southern Gospel DVD of Greater Vision, Legacy Five, the Booth Brothers, and Mark Trammel Trio.  Thoroughly enjoyed our evening with friends.  We don't do this often enough!!


The camp staff got together for a debriefing meeting last Thursday afternoon and then had sub sandwiches delivered for supper.  We talked about what we should do different next year to help the camps run more smoothly.  Lots of good ideas.  And now we have a few months to implement them into our camp organization.  We have a very good staff...some paid, some volunteers, but all working for the Lord in this camping ministry here at Indian Lake Nazarene Camp.


Let's take a look at what God had to say to me this past week in His Word:


Ecclesiastes
Here is my final conclusion:  fear God and obey his commandments, for this is the entire duty of man.  For God will judge us for everything we do, including every hidden thing, good or bad.  (12:13-14)


Psalm
What I want from you is your true thanks; I want your promises fulfilled.  I want you to trust me in your times of trouble, so I can rescue you, and you can give me glory.  (50:14-15)


...true praise is a worthy sacrifice; this really honors me.  Those who walk my paths will receive salvation from the Lord.  (50:23)


Create in me a new, clean heart, O God, filled with clean thoughts and right desires.  (51:10)


You don't want penance; if you did, how gladly I would do it!  You aren't interest in offerings burned before you on the alter.  It is a broken spirit you want --- remorse and penitence.  A broken and a contrite heart, O God, you will not ignore.  (51:16-17)


But when I am afraid, I will put my confidence in you.  Yes, I will trust the promises of God.  And since I am trusting him, what can mere man do to me?  (56:3-4)


This one thing I know:  God is for me!  (56:9)


The Word for You Today

  • Do what you love to do, something that engages both your mind and your heart.  Ask God to give you a clear vision and an undivided heart.

No comments: