Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Daily Scripture

I'm getting ready to leave on a trip, and I know I will not be blogging until after I am back.  Therefore, I thought I would post my scripture for this week thus far, especially since one portion is quite long.  For those who stop by...may Jesus be in the midst of your Christmas festivities, for He is so worthy!


Psalm


  • O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.  You know when I sit or stand.  When far away you know my every thought.  You chart the path ahead of me, and tell me where to stop and rest.  Every moment, you know where I am.  You know what I am going to say before I even say it.  You both precede me and follow me and place your hand of blessing on my head.
  • This is too glorious, too wonderful to believe!  I can never be lost to your Spirit.  I can never get away from my God!  If I go up to the heaven, you are there; if I go down to the place of the dead, you are there.  If I ride the morning winds to the farthest oceans, even there you hand will guide me, your strength will support me.  If I try to hide in the darkness, the night becomes light around me.  For even darkness cannot hide from God; to you the night shines as bright as day.  Darkness and light are both the same to you.
  • You made all the delicate inner parts of my body, and knit them together in my mother's womb.  Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!  It is amazing to think about.  Your workmanship is marvelous---and how well I know it.  You were there while I was being formed in utter seclusion.  You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breath.  Every day was recorded in your book!
  • How precious it is, Lord, to realize you were thinking about me constantly!  I can't even count how many times a day your thoughts turn towards me.  And when I waken in the morning, you are still thinking of me!  (139:1-18)
  • Search me, O God, and know my heart, test my thoughts.  Point out anything you find in me that makes you sad, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.  (139:23)
  • The Lord will work out his plans for my life---for your loving kindness, Lord, continues forever.  Don't abandon me---for you made me.  (138:8)




No comments: