The Word for You Today
1. “The Revival We Need” (1)
- Revive us again. (Ps 85:6)
- We are like dry bones – we need a revival of life
- Revival must emphasize right living, being merciful to others, changing our complacent attitude, and crying out to God to renew us
2. “The Revival We Need” (2)
- Your word is … a light for my path. (Ps 119:105)
- God’s Word must be a priority for us…we must spend time with it daily to nurture our spiritual growth
3. “The Revival We Need” (3)
- Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. (2 Cor 3:17)
- The freedom God gives us does not give us liberty to show off, but to serve others
- Respond to the leading of the Holy Spirit, remembering He is a gentleman and will not interrupt others, but will support spiritual leadership
4. “The Revival We Need” (4)
- Love never fails. (I Cor 13:8)
- If you have high morals, and your theology is all figured out, and yet you fail to love people, you’ve failed
- Love never gives up, always hopes, endures through every circumstance
- If we have a revival of love in our churches, people will be drawn to the church
- This is what God requires…to do what is right.” (Mic. 6:8)
- Character is to choose the right way even when it’s not easy
- Do not compromise your convictions
- Reputation is how men think of you, but character is what God knows about you.
6. “Is God Disciplining You?”
· The Lord disciplines those He loves. (Heb 12:6)
· Rejoice – God loves you and has plans for your life
· Repent – of those things that are displeasing to God
· Recognize – God wants what is best for you
· Don’s Resist discipline, don’t Resent it, and don’t look to others for Rescue…God wants you to share in His holiness
7. “God’s Word Is the Answer”
· There is death in the pot” (2 Kings 4:40)
· Do not allow disappointments and resentments to turn you sour, instead, feast on the Word of God to give you the right attitude
2 Timothy 1:7 (NLT)
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
- When satan attacks your mind trying to convince you of your unworthiness, or inability, ask the Lord to give you the power to defeat the devil, and carry on…give your concerns to the Lord.
Colossians 2:15 (NLT)
In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross.
- The death and resurrection of Jesus gives us the authority to be the victor in spiritual warfare, not the victim
- Satan has already been defeated by King Jesus, and the victory is ours to display
Ephesians 6:17 (NLT)
Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
- “sword” – a weapon causing much pain; a deadly and fearful weapon
- God has given us a weapon that satan fears: the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
- When scripture comes to us, it is like a sword being placed in our hand to use on the enemy, causing him to flee
- In times of turmoil, take time to listen to the Spirit for His Word for that specific moment
1 Corinthians 1:28 (NLT)
God chose things despised by the world, things counted as nothing at all, and used them to bring to nothing what the world considers important.
- “despised” – neglected and treated with contempt
- The people rejected by the world are the very ones God has chosen and has plans for
- Know who you are in Christ Jesus and hold your head up high
- Remember Jesus himself was despised and rejected by men
Hebrews 10:35 (NLT)
So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you!
· “great reward” – more than a payment, it’s a settlement, a reimbursement for your investment
· God always sees and remembers what you have done for Him, and your faithfulness
· God’s rewards come in many forms: victory, success, anointing, prosperity, strong relationships
1 John 3:8 (NLT)
But when people keep on sinning, it shows that they belong to the devil, who has been sinning since the beginning. But the Son of God came to destroy the works of the devil.
- When satan attacks your mind, he can control you
- “destroy” – to be set loose from, to be freed, to be delivered or released
- Through the death and resurrection of Jeuss our freedom was purchased and the power of satan’s hold on us was destroyed – we have to claim that and live that
- I must share the Good News of Jesus with others who are bound by satan’s power…they can be set free
Mark 4:37-39 (NLT)
But soon a fierce storm came up. High waves were breaking into the boat, and it began to fill with water. Jesus was sleeping at the back of the boat with his head on a cushion. The disciples woke him up, shouting, “Teacher, don’t you care that we’re going to drown?” When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Silence! Be still!” Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm.
- “fierce storm” – like a hurricane
- Jesus took authority over the storm, showing his disciples He was Lord over everything
- In your attacks by the enemy, use your authority in the name of Jesus to overcome satan
- What the devil plans for your harm, God will use for His good