March 12-14, 2012 – Devotional Highlights
The Word for You Today
- “Don’t Be a Fool” (3)
· Without acknowledging Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord of your life, you die a fool’s death, for you will miss heaven and all the riches that could have been yours
- “The Law of Consequence”
· Do not be deceived…a man reaps what he sows. (Gal 6:7)
· Your choices determine your harvest
· Your choices have a ripple effect on others
· You can be forgiven, but you still pay the consequence
- “Hold Up Your Pastor’s Hands”
· I will give you shepherds according to my heart.” (Jer 3:15)
· Over 50% of those in ministry leave within 10 years due to discouragement
· Encourage your pastor every chance you get
I Corinthians 15:58
So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.
- “immovable” – firm and steady, support structure, unbendable, unbreakable, solid foundation, totally reliable
- God wants us to be like a rock – sturdy, steadfast, able to hold things together, for others are depending on us
- Lord, forgive my weaknesses and help me to become stable like a rock, strong and reliable…the person you want me to be. Help me to be a pillar that others can come to, lean on, trust.
2 Timothy 2:1
Timothy, my dear son, be strong through the grace that God gives you in Christ Jesus.
- God’s grace is never depleted, and it’s free
- God’s grace make His power, His strength, available to us
So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you!
- “great reward” – a reimbursement for something you paid out of your own expense to complete the job
- “confident” – boldness in speaking out for what you think or believe
- God will reward your faithfulness, for He sees it all and keeps account