Thursday, June 14, 2012

Spring Break 2012 Route 66 Road Trip – Day 11 St. Louis, MO



Well, all good things must come to an end, right?  Our final day together was also the Lord’s Day…Sunday.  We had breakfast at the motel and then went to our former church…Webster Groves Church of the Nazarene.



We saw many friends from the past and enjoyed the service.  Afterwards we went to Shogun’s Japanese Steak House for lunch.  This is a picture of the girls in front of the restaurant.



As we drove back to their place after lunch, we passed Tow Mater!!!  Had to stop and take his picture!!  (Disney’s Pixel movie…”Cars”)




If you haven’t heard about Cars Land, Disney’s newest attraction in California, you need to go to my favorite Route 66 web site (www.route66.com) and watch some of the videos.  It officially opens tomorrow, Friday, June 15th, and the setting is Radiator Springs, right out of the movie.  Check this out: 



We made our trip west on Route 66 and came back home…where spring was waiting for us.



I hated to say goodbye to my two sweethearts, but there will be another time.  This trip was very memorable to me.  I have enjoyed doing this blog…my way of “scrapbooking.”  I’m already thinking about doing Route 66 in Illinois, and making a trip to Cars Land with the girls.  I love to plan, and the planning that went into this trip was well worth it!!

I would like to say that there is something for everyone one Route 66, no matter the age or gender.  Grab some family members, or some friends, or both…and go get your kicks on Route 66 real soon!!

No comments: