Thursday, April 12, 2018

Aspects of Christian Literature - Chapter 2

June 1, 1989

Our journal entry is to reflect on a book we have read or a show we have watched and use the three questions to criticize (critique) the work.  I do not watch television or go to movies so I cannot analyze any shows.  I will say that the lack of Christian morals and influence is a major reason I do not use this form of entertainment.

The only books I have read in the last couple of years are inspirational type books written by Christian authors, such as:   Ann Kiemel Anderson, Dr. James Dobson, Gordon MacDonald, Joyce Landorff, Chuck Swindoll, Dr. Charles Stanley.  I have read many self-help books dealing with psychology and emotions, as this has been one way God has healed me from my depression.  The books have all conformed to the Christian ethics I hold, are exclusively Christian, and represent a clear view of Christianity.

I have nothing against fiction books, but I am at a time in my life where I am intensely searching God's will for me, and stability in my emotions.  I am therefore reading God's Word and other helpful books to fill my mind and meditate upon things of God.  I want to grow wise and mature and that happens as a result of viewing things as God views them.  That's why I am saturating myself with Him.  I do believe Lee College is one place He wants me as I must also grow intellectually.  To do so in a Christian atmosphere is a real blessing.  I believe there is something for me to learn in every classroom, as I feel directed by the Holy Spirit even as I choose my classes.


No comments: