Monday, April 7, 2008

Hebrews 12:14

Try to live in peace with everyone, and seek to live a clean and holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord.

Seems to me that if this verse be true, there are a whole lot of people who will not see the Lord. Can one go to heaven and not see the Lord? I have never thought that was possible. I have a tender conscience. I have always believed this verse, and I have tried to live such a life that pleases God so that I can one day be with him in heaven. But perhaps I do not have a good handle on a holy lifestyle. My list of no-no's is probably longer than most. I do not feel like I have missed out on anything, though.

Help me, Lord, not to judge others on the basis of what I believe and live by...but to allow you to work in their lives and be their final advocate. Meanwhile, I don't intend to loosen the screws...I'm comfortable striving to live a life pleasing to you in all I say, do, and think. You know I'm still growing, still in process, but you will see me through to glorification/perfection. Thank you, Father, for being patient with me!

No comments: