Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hope

"When we come into this world kicking and screaming, none of us know exactly what we're supposed to do with our lives. That's okay. Just start where you are right now. When God puts your life on track, He begins by giving you a sense of hope. Only God-given hope will sustain you through the tough times. Maybe you're wondering, "Am I ever going to get to where I'm supposed to be?" If that's how you feel today, read these words spoken by God to a group of people who'd spent their last 70 years in Babylonian slavery as a result of having done things the wrong way:

I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out--plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. When you come looking for me, you'll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed...I'll turn things around for you. (Jeremiah 29:11-14 TM)

And those words are from God's mouth to your ear!"

("The Word for You Today", Spring 2008, pg. 29)

No comments: