Sunday, January 28, 2018

My Journey to Israel - Chapter 17

Chapter 17 - Wednesday continued

            By the time I left the Sea of Galilee I understood what the shore in  my mind meant.  I first stood on the shore in 1977.  In a dream I looked out across the expanse of water and sky, and it seemed God was reaching out for me.  I turned and looked for Paul, and in so doing, God vanished.  Was I placing Paul before God?  Were my priorities in the right order?  In 1980 I knelt at an altar in complete surrender to God.  As His Holy Spirit filled me, I sensed I was on a shore and the waves were washing over me, cleansing me, filling me with joy and ecstasy like I had never know before.  Love flooded my heart in a new measure...I loved everything and everybody.  I felt so pure and squeaky clean, and I felt as though I could see more clearly...everything seemed brighter to me.  Since that night I have stood on the shore many times and been alone in the presence of Jesus.  I have heard the trumpet playing out across the waters:

“When peace like a river attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll,
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul!”


            God beckons me to this shore in my mind as a way of drawing me aside to be alone with Him.  During these times He reassures me of His love for me, and He builds my faith and dependence upon Him.  I know I would never want to face life without Him in control, without knowing I was safely in His care.  Someday I will stand on that shore again, and Jesus will come and take my hand.  Together we will cross that expanse and I will be with Him, forever in His presence.  My deepest desire is for that day to come soon.  My heart longs to be with the Lover of my soul.

No comments: