Friday, January 26, 2018

My Journey to Israel - Chapter Sixteen

Chapter 16 - Wednesday, 3-29-89

            The morning started out with a boat ride, crossing the Sea of Galilee to Capernaum.  We stopped halfway across the lake to have a time of Bible reading and prayer.  Because everyone knew how “sacred” this place was to me, I was privileged to lead the group devotions that morning.  That was a very special treat to me. 

            We visited the Church of the Beatitudes, a place where Jesus taught the multitudes.  At the Church of the Heptagon, where Jesus took the fish and bread and feed the 5,000, we had more time to meditate.  I sat and gazed at the sea, very open to the message God had for me.  I read in my Bible in John 14 and 15 and let His words go straight to my heart, as though it was His personal message to me:

            “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am...
            You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it...
            If you love me, you will obey what I command.  And I will ask the Father and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever--the Spirit of truth.  The world cannot accept Him, because it neither sees him nor knows him.  But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you...
            He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him...
            But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you...
            Every branch that does bear fruit he trims clean so that it will be even more fruitful...
            If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be given you.  This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples...
            You did not choose me but I chose you to go and bear fruit---fruit that will last.  Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.  This is my command:  love each other...

            I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.  Until now you have not asked for anything in my name.  Ask, and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.”

No comments: