Tuesday, January 30, 2018

My Journey to Israel - Chapter Nineteen

Chapter 19 - Thursday continued

            Once again I was at the Garden Tomb.  I entered the empty tomb once again to see the place where Jesus had laid.  This was our final visit, our final site on the tour---the empty grave.  What a place to end, for it was only the beginning!  Jesus raising from the dead was the beginning of eternal life.  Best of all, that eternal life is available to all who receive Him.  I cannot understand how anyone can reject His love when they truly understand He would have come to this earth and gone through all of His agony just for him or her.  How wonderful, though, that He made the sacrifice once for all.  Anyone can take freely of the gift of eternal life.  “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.”  (John 1:12)

            New foundations have been laid down in my life because of my trip to Israel.  The first foundation is my desire to start reading through the Bible again, this time with maps and study guides and really begin to “search the scriptures”.  It will now be much more alive to me since I have walked the land. 

            The second foundation is the 29 new friendships I have to build on.  Who knows how our paths will weave in and out through this life, and then we have all eternity to spend together.  How nice to have an initial acquaintance in this life.

            The third foundation is understanding the purpose of the shoreline in my life---to know God does draw me into His presence to bestow peace, joy, and love upon me, and to strengthen and encourage me.  And I know that my final crossing from the shore to the other side is completely in His hands.  I do not have to worry about it.

            Thank you, Jesus.  I love you.

            And, my dear friend, I love you too.  Thank you for allowing me to share my journey with you.  Jesus has a journey for you too.  Be open to it and believe.  Reach out, take His hand, and let Him be your daily Guide.  Feel His presence as you journey into everlasting joy with Jesus.


Carol Casarez

No comments: