Friday, May 11, 2018

Aspects of Christian Literature - Chapter 10

6-25-1989

I'm working at Cleveland Helpline today and I just finished preparing my book/author presentation for tomorrow's class.

Joyce Landorff Heatherly has suffered a lot in her life, mostly from rejection.  I sometimes wonder if those who write for the Lord are the ones who have to carry the heavier crosses, and have depended upon God more.  The lessons they learn are so valuable to us.

It is my hope to publish something some day in the form of inspiration reading.  But it may mean traveling through the deep valleys to "gather data".  I've been in two of them thus far, but God is so faithful to bring me through, deeper in love with Him.  

C.S. Lewis captured my attention, and I bought his book The Screwtape Letters, which I'm now reading.  There's so much truth in that book, it takes time to absorb what all is being said.  Lewis, I have respect for, but O'Connor and I exist in two different world.  (I recognize both of these authors are deceased, and we do live in different worlds...my guess is three different worlds.  (Oops, too judgmental on my part.  For give me.)

6-26-1989

Today I gave my oral presentation to the class.  I presented Joyce Landorff Heatherly, He Began with Eve

In all my searching for facts on this author, I really didn't come up with much.  Prior to class I stopped at Nelda George's office and Betty Baldree was there.  She noticed my book and mentioned she had net Joyce last summer when she stopped in to see the Lee campus.  (She had attended when it was Bob Jones University).  So Betty was able to share more details on Joyce's life.  I see that as God's personal touch, not as coincidence.  

God is so neat...one never knows how, when, or where He's going to act.  Unpredictable, but always faithful.

No comments: