Monday, April 18, 2011

Journey to Israel - Chapter 3

Chapter Three

There were two reasons I felt called to Israel. I had answered God’s call on my life to get prepared for His full-time service. I do not know what I am preparing for, but I walk on in faith, one step at a time. I felt that Israel was to be a foundation for my ministry, whatever it is.

The second purpose for me going was simply to be with Jesus in a very intimate way. I went through a lot of agony in my depression. I felt everyone else was having all of the fun while I was trying to survive in life and find hope again through Jesus. It was as though He was giving me this trip as a gift, a reward for that faithfulness in the desert of brokenness. My God is a God so very unpredictable, but always faithful and full of adventure and surprises, “in His time”.

The excitement of Israel began to grow in me, even though I was only on the waiting list. I thought about it being such a small country, but THE most historical one on earth. I recalled the verse in Matthew 2:6, “But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for out of you will come a ruler who will be the shepherd of my people Israel.” 

One man, born in a small country on the eastern coast of the Mediterranean, changed the course of history as He stepped on this earth He had helped His Father create. Creation, Destruction, Resurrection.....what a difference Jesus has made in MY life!!!

No comments: