Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday Night 6/25/2011

Camps ended yesterday and we are still trying to catch up on our sleep.  I woke up early this morning and went to work at 6:30, back home at 8:30, just as the girls woke up, and hubby had to leave.  I spent another hour after lunch working at the office, getting ready for the next camp coming in...Senior High, which starts on Monday.


I took the girls to Vicksburg to do some shopping...the resale shop (clothes for big Sister), and groceries at Family Fare.  Late afternoon we all went to Portage.  While Grandpa and Big Sis went to the driving range, Princess and I did our Walmart shopping.  Then we all went to El Jimador Mexican Restaurant for supper.  Back at the campground we went to the snack bar for ice cream.  The girls are in bed early tonight.  


A recap of my weekly devotions:


"The Word for You Today":

  • Having the right focus comes about by simplifying things:  a simpler life style and a saner schedule gives you direction, energizes you, and determines your legacy.  What matters is not what others say about you, but what God says.
  • Protect yourself spiritually by taking time to rest in Jesus to renew your strength.  Weariness makes you vulnerable to satan, who starts with attacking your mind.
  • Give your marriage a tune up...the secret to closeness in marriage is old-fashioned thoughtfulness and kindness.  Show respect, sensitivity, attentiveness, and care.  Hug, do small things which show thoughtfulness, have good manners ("please", "thank you", "I'm sorry").  Compliment each other.  We need to feel valued by the one we cherish.
  • You can get beyond the past.  Through God's grace, you can live in the present and let go of the past by spending time in God's presence and allowing His love to touch the hurting places within you.

Psalm
O, Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.  You know when I sit or stand.  When far away you know my every thought.  You chart the path ahead of me, and tell me where to stop and rest.  Every moment you know where I am.  You know what I am going to say before I even say it.  You both precede me and follow me, and place your hand of blessing on my head.  (139:1-5)

You were there while I was being formed in utter seclusion!  You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe.  Every day was recorded in your book!  How precious it is, Lord, to realize that you are thinking about me constantly!  (139:15-17)

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test my thoughts.  Point out anything you find in me that makes you sad, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.  (139:23-24)

Proverbs:
A cheerful heart does good like medicine, but a broken spirit makes one sick.  (17:22)


No comments: